Death because of Brain-Eating Amoeba

This story is happened in Louisiana - United States in Tuesday, 12 December 2011. Louisiana health have warned regulators to residents about the danger of using neti pots improperly. A neti pot is look like a geni's lamp, commonly used to irrigate sinuses. Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals issued its warning following a second death this year caused by Naegleria fowleri, called as brain-eating amoeba. Amoeba is microbe bigger than a bacteria.

This infection to the nose channel because of use neti pot to irrigate, flushing or rinsing sinuses. Use distilled, sterile or previously boiled water to make up irrigating solution is not safe for nose, but safe for drinking. It's also important to rinse the irrigating device after each use and leave open to air dry, because many possibility can happen to that device like have contaminated by microorganism like amoeba.

Amoeba can causes disease primary amoebic meningoencephalitis, a brain infection that lead to the destruction of brain tissue. The symptom of this disease is like to the symptom of bacterial meningitis and can include headache, fever, nausea, vomiting and stiff neck. Later symptoms such as confusing, loss of balance, seizure and hallucinations. After infected by this microbe, the disease progresses rapidly can cause death within one to 12 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lyme Disease Medication

What is Lyme Disease

How Quickly Bacteria Growth